Comment on page
CinchyDXD is a utility that helps developers manage changes to their solutions built on Cinchy in a controlled and scalable way by enabling source-driven development and team collaboration with governance.
With DXD, you can:
- Manage Cinchy objects related to a particular solution/data product (also known as a Data Experience) as code. This code can be exported from an existing Cinchy environment used for development.
- Leverage existing software development best practices around change management using source-control
- Deploy the Data Experience into other Cinchy environments.
CinchyDXD 2.0 is still in development. Documentation might not reflect the actual behavior or process of the utility.
CinchyDXD 2.0 creates packages for further development in a version controlled environment (such as Git) where multiple developers can work on the same data experience.
CinchyDXD 1.5.0 and later requires Cinchy v4.21.0+ with the Connections UI installed.
You only need to download CinchyDXD on the source environment; it's not needed on the destination.
To download the Utility:
- 1.Login to Cinchy.
- 2.Navigate to the Releases Table.
- 3.Select the Experience Deployment Utility View.
- 4.Locate and download the utility (Cinchy DXD vX.X.X.zip).
- 5.Unzip the utility and place the folder at any location on a computer that also has CinchyCLI installed.
- 6.Create a new folder in the same directory that will hold all DX exports generated (CinchyDXD*Output).
- 1.Unzip CinchyDXD and place the folder at any location.
- 2.From a PowerShell Administrator console, navigate to the CinchyDXD directory.
- 3.For first time users, execute this command:
Get-ChildItem -Recurse * | Unblock-File
- 4.For a list of actions and parameters execute one of the following at the PowerShell command prompt:
.\CinchyDXD.ps1 keygen -o "<TargetDirectory>", where
TargetDirectoryis your desired output path.
- 2.Find the