This page outlines how to delete tables in the Cinchy platform.
There are three ways to delete tables on your Cinchy platform:
1) Using the "Design Table" tab in the relevant table. This option is available to any user with the "Design Table" entitlement on the table.
2) Using CQL. This option is available to any user with the "Design Table" entitlement on the table.
3) Using the [Tables] table. This option is available to any user with the "Delete Row" entitlement on the table, generally this would be an Administrator.
To ensure that the relevant user has the correct entitlements, you can navigate to the Data Controls > Entitlements tab of the relevant table. The "Design Table" column should be checked off (Image 1).
Deleting a table via any of the below methods results in your data becoming inaccessible, however it will technically still be available on the underlying database. To fully remove deleted data, you must use the Data Erasure capability, outlined here.
Image 1: Ensuring the correct entitlements
- 1.Navigate to the table you wish to delete as a user with "Design Table" access on it.
- 2.Select "Design Table" > "Info" > Delete (Image 2).
Image 2: Deleting using Design Table
DROP TABLE [Domain].[Table_Name]
DROP TABLE [HR].[Employees]