This page will describe how to attach files to your Cinchy table rows.
You are able to attach files and images to any row in a Cinchy table by creating a linked column that is linked to the 'Files' system table of your platform.
If you have access to view the 'Files' table, you can also view every attachment on your system.
Cinchy supports the attaching of any file type.
- 1.Navigate to the table where you want to attach your file.
- 2.Click Design Table > Columns
- 3.Add a new column with the following parameters (Image 1):
- 1.Column Name: We recommend you name this something easy to recognize, like "Images and Files"
- 2.Data Type: Link
- 3.Linked Table: You will link this to the "Cinchy\Files" table
- 4.Linked Column: File Name
- 5.Advanced Settings: Make sure to select the "Multi-select" checkbox if you want the capability to add more than one file to a row.
Image 1: Step 3, creating your Files column
4. Click Save
5. Navigate back to your table and locate your newly created files column.
Note that you must first create the row prior to uploading a file.
6. To attach a file, click on the upload button (located in the top right hand corner of any cell in the column) (Image 2).
Image 2: Step 6, uploading a file
7. From the pop-up window, select Choose Files to pick your file from your machine, then click Submit (Image 3).
Image 3: Step 7, choosing your file to upload
8. Once uploaded, your cell should look like this (Image 4):
Image 4: Step 8, a completed upload
To fully delete your attachment from the platform, you will need to navigate to the Files system table and delete the row associated with your attachment.
You will need edit access to the Files table in order to do so.
Your file will appear crossed out in your original table and cannot be opened or downloaded (Image 5).
Image 5: Deleting an attached file