This section will walk through setting up Meta-Forms App Experience through Internet Information Services (IIS) connection Manager in the target Cinchy environment. If you are interested in exploring the Angular source code for this App Experience, please click here.
2. At the root, create a ‘Cinchy Applets’ folder if it does not already exist (eg. C:/Cinchy Applets) and place the applet code here.
3. If you have multiple instances, then create a folder that corresponds to the name of your Cinchy instance (eg. C:/CinchyApplets/DXdemo) and place the extracted folder here.
4. Locate and open IIS Manager >IIS Connections.
5. Right Click the Cinchy Server name.
6. Expand "Sites".“Default Web Site” should be visible.
7. Navigate to the site containing your Cinchy application and select “Add Virtual Directory”.
8. Name the Alias of this directory “dx”.
9. Input the path to Cinchy Applets directory in the Physical Path field.
10. Right click on the meta-forms folder under the dx virtual directory and click Convert to Application.
1.2 Update the Configurations
1. Locate "\assets\config.json" and input your <cinchy-domain> where specified below.
1.3 Specify the Path
This step is required if you have not deployed Cinchy at the root of your domain on IIS.
Locate the "C:\CinchyApplets\<Cinchy Environment>\Meta-Forms-App-Experience\index.html" file and update the base href to the path of your edit-form application on IIS and save (Image 1).
Image 1: Update the base href to your meta forms path
2. Deploy the Data Experience
Once the app experience setup is complete, the data experience needs to be installed, which will set up the data model in your target environment to support the Meta-Forms App Experience and enable its usage.
2.1 Install Meta-forms Data Experience
1. Navigate to your extracted 'meta-forms data experience' folder.
2. Navigate and open "\post-install\post-install-1.sql" and replace the value on line 3 with the URL of you Cinchy domain (i.e. https://<Cinchy Domain>).
3. Open Powershell in admin mode.
4. Enter the command: ".\CinchyDXD install"
5. The table shown below are the values required for installing the forms data experience package.
-s, --Cinchy Server
Required. The full path to the Cinchy server without the protocol (e.g. cinchy.com/Cinchy).
Required. The user id for accessing Cinchy.
Required. The clear text password (unencrypted) of the specified user.
-c, --CinchyCLI Directory
Required. The path to the Cinchy CLI.
-d, --CinchyCLI Temp Directory
Required. The path to the directory that the CLI can use for storing temporary files to support the sync (e.g. partitioned data).
Note: there is a temp folder created in the Cinchy Meta Forms folder (a couple pictures above)
-ps, --Post Install Scripts
Required. The path to a directory with one or more CQL scripts to be executed once the install is complete.
Flag indicating connections to Cinchy should be over https.
6. Using the above table for reference, populate and run the following command: